Monday, January 7, 2013

My favorite places are old barns....

Whew! One thing I both love and hate about owning a small business/being my own boss is that your hours are never the same! Somehow our free weekend turned into two days of digging through old buildings (one of which is actually another local vintage/thrift store- much bigger and way more hip than us!) to find all sorts of treasures.
Some things were specifically for stocking the shop's shelves (gettin' my alliteration on!), but what is the point of being a hunter-gatherer if you can't pack some of it home?? When I found this little guy, I grabbed on and didn't let go. In fact, The Fox had to pry it out of my hands to find it a nook at home. I present to you---
Algie. A very solemn but sea-worthy fellow who may not say a lot, but is most dependable in tempestuous times.

He's a keeper!

Other fabulous finds included these adorable cookware pieces- "Country Flowers" by Andrea from Sadek- which I think are so pretty and perfect for spring!

                            
                            

Some bamboo style tables which need a little work, but look so cool! We are playing with the idea of spray painting them, but haven't decided.


This bad-A copper scuba diver who hangs on the wall. I'm not a big beach or ocean person in decorating, but this guy is just cool!!

And this little lady is actually a dinner bell! I wanted to keep her also, but The Fox is pretty mischievous, and I don't know that I want to hear her dinging away all the time! 


So today has been mostly cleaning, pricing, re-arranging, and so forth. We are also in the process of re-arranging basically our entire house, painting, re-decorating, keeping busy!

Thanks for checking us out! We have added some lovely jewelry to our etsy shop throughout the last 3-4 days and there is plenty to choose from. We also had our first online sale earlier last week, which was very exciting! Please continue to pop in and see what's new; both in the shop & in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment