Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Treasury Tuesday- Wipe off that Frown!

Well, it has been a Treasury Tuesday for sure around here! When it is below 40 and snowing outside, it is hard for me to get very motivated.

The first one is exactly the opposite of what today is like outside- bright, sunny and absolutely gorgeous!







And the second one is a bit quirkier- I'm usually a "less is more" kind of girl, but I loved all these pairs of items!




So that is a little of what I've been up to today. 
We were fairly busy this weekend, which was nice, but tiring! It isn't often that I am relieved for the work week to roll back around so I can go back to being a grandpa and catch up on my sleep. 
In saying that, we still have quite a bit on our schedule throughout the remainder of the week, so I was a bit premature on my anticipation. Thursday night we have our biweekly Bible study, and Friday is Secret Church, which means I am not going to be making my usual 9:30 bedtime either night. It's definitely worth it though, and I am looking forward to both! I'm trying to do better about having an uncomplaining spirit, especially after The Fox came across this passage in our evening reading-

"Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did. Do not be idolators, as some of them were; as it is written: 'The people sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.' We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did- and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died. We should not test Christ, as some of them did- and were killed by snakes. And do not grumble, as some of them did- and were killed by the destroying angel.
These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the culmination of the ages has come. So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."
1 Corinthians 10: 6-13

Out of all three of the mentioned sins, grumbling sounds like the least bad, at least to me. But then I see where it says "A destroying angel" and I have to say, 'That is a strong response!' So if such a strong response is given, maybe the sin is actually a lot worse than I think it is. It is so easy for me to disregard some of my "little piddly sins" and think, really, they aren't that bad. I could be a lot worse. 

"There is no one righteous, not even one;
There is no one who understands, 
There is no one who seeks God"
Romans 3:10-11

Or not.
Praise God there is hope through Jesus!

"But now apart from the law the righteousness of God has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus."
Romans 3:21-26

And after reading such wonderful words... It makes it a bit harder to want to hold on to that complaining, or grumbling spirit. Really, what is a late night or two compared to the glory of God? Not very much!

Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment